1. What are SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19?
SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the novel Coronavirus strain, short for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2, responsible for the current global pandemic, SARS-CoV-2 causes the disease named COVID-19.
2. What is Qlife doing to aid in the detection of SARS-CoV-2?
Qlife is responding to the global need with a rapid and easy-to-use test that enables healthcare providers to obtain a result within 20 minutes of obtaining a patient sample. The test runs on our standard Egoo Home System. The test reagents is developed by Finish Aidian Diagnostics and licensed to Qlife for the Egoo Home System.
3. How fast is Egoo's SARS-CoV-2 test?
The Egoo Home System test is well suited for pandemic response. From the time a sample (such as a mouth swab) is taken, a result can be obtained in 20 minutes. We call this "sample-to-answer" and it can be achieved faster than any other test available. It takes less than a minute to prepare the capsule with the patient sample and approximately 20 minutes for Egoo to determine a result after a test capsule is loaded into the system.
4. What is Qlife's regulatory plan?
5. When do you expect the test to be available?
We expect to CE-mark the test for diagnostic use within 6 months (autumn 2020). The ultimate goal is to receive approval for home-use for regular people to test for COVID-19.
6. How do I get an Egoo Home System at my facility?
Call or send us an email.
7. What materials are needed to run a test?
The test capsule is a complete solution containing all the necessary reagents. A patient mouth swap sample is loaded into the capsule and an Egoo Home System is required to run the test.
8. Will Egoo Home System be supported?
Of course ...
9. What strains of Coronavirus will be detected by the test?
The test is designed to detect only SARS-CoV-2.
10. Which specimen types will Qlife's test use?
The Egoo Home System works on blood, plasma, nasal or mouth swaps. The Sars-CoV-2 test is currently performed with a mouth swap.
11. How can I get more information?
This web page will be updated regularly with additional information as it becomes available. Please don't hesitate to get in contact if you have any questions.